Beginners Photography Workshop
Friday 16th March
The workshop is open to everyone including complete beginners.
You will need your own camera – not a mobile phone, iPad or tablet camera for the course.
The workshop will involve walking routes across the estate, which consist of uneven ground, so please wear appropriate footwear.
Enjoy a chance to explore the grounds of the Estate and get off ‘auto mode’ on this South Ormsby Estate’s Beginners Photography Workshop. Join professional location and travel photographer Damian Furlong, whose vast knowledge extends to teaching higher education students at a local college. Damian will build your confidence and expertise with your camera so you can capture the beautiful imagery of the stunning Lincolnshire Wolds.
Schedule of the day
- Get to know your camera settings
- Exposure triangle
- Depth of field
- Inspiring landscapes (Handy tips on composition)
- Light lunch and hot drink at the Massingberd Arms
- A chance to review images with fellow workshop photographers.
- Professional looking portraits (Blurry backgrounds)
- Shutter speeds (Showing motion & Freezing motion)
- Close up work
- Low light
- Finishing with group critique & mini competition
Damian is a professional location and travel photographer. He brings his extensive photography knowledge and experience to help capture the renovation and restoration of the Hall, as well as the beauty of the landscape across the Estate.
Damian is also an educator at a local college, passing on his skills and knowledge to further and higher education students.
To see examples of Damian’s photography, you can visit his website here.